Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress + bbPress breaks bbPress search widget

• amongstlovelythings
    Participant

@amongstlovelythings

When BuddyPress is active on my site, the bbPress Search Widget does not work. It just displays the default home page rather than search results.

Please advise if there is a fix for this. Forum search is an absolute necessity for us.

Forum URL: http://forum.amongstlovelythings.com
    bbPress: Version 2.5.8
    BuddyPress: Version 2.5.0

Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

amongstlovelythings
    Participant

@amongstlovelythings

Thanks!

I did deactivate all but bbpress- and the search bar was fixed. I re-enabled them one at a time, and found that BuddyPress was causing the error.

I then switched to the default theme twentyfifteen, but the search bar completely disappeared when I did that…

So now I’m back on the Beautiful theme for Genesis.

Also– FYI, the search bar was working beautifully about 3 or 4 days ago. This is a new problem that just started within the last couple of days.

amongstlovelythings
    Participant

@amongstlovelythings

Okay, this time I switched to twentyfifteen, got the search bar working in my sidebar, and it does the same thing on twentyfifteen that it did on Beautiful, so it’s not a theme issue.

Hi,

I see a (very) similar request on the buddypress forum. It also seems that BuddyPress updated some days ago (March 2, 2016). Do you think you have these issues since that upgrade ?

Pascal.

amongstlovelythings
    Participant

@amongstlovelythings

Yes! That’s someone from my team who posted over there so we could figure out if it might be Buddypress. It did seem to happen right around the time of the Buddypress upgrade, though I actually updated my Buddypress app after I noticed the mobile issue, so not sure…

Hi,
    Let’s see the outcome on the BuddyPress side. It seems to be confirmed that this only happens in the 2015 theme.
    Pascal.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar