Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress and bbPress Redirects to Home Page

• Good day,

I have BuddyPress installed and oddly enough, when I attempt to access http://domain.com/forums/forum/general for example, it simply redirects me to my homepage.

Whenever I disable BuddyPress, the bbPress forum loads up like a champ. What could be causing the redirect?

My index.php isn’t even used for this by the way. I’m using a static homepage as specified in my “Reading” options in WP. All loops are standard, headers and footers all include the wp_head() and wp_footer(). Weird how it only seems to happen when BuddyPress is enabled.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is partially addressed in bbPress RC 5. This happens when BuddyPress and bbPress are both trying to live in the same place on your site. You’ll need to change one of their slugs to be something other than “forums” and it should fix things.

Thanks for the insight John. I didn’t even notice it, but under the BP admin menu, there was a link to “Complete the bbPress” installation. Looks like simply following those installation steps automatically changed the slugs for me. Works like a champ. I appreciate all your help! Happy Monday.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar