Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress activity – bbpress forum activity showing as posted 44 years ago!

• acasmi
    Participant

@acasmi

This is an odd problem.

Whenever anyone posts to the bbpress forums, the relevant activity notification shows up in the buddypress activity stream (frontend) as “44 Years, 1 month ago” and in the back end activity stream as “January 1, 1970 at 1:00 am” regardless of when it is posted (although obviously not 44 years ago!)

All the other activity posts (friend requests etc) show the correct times.

I have the timezone in WordPress dashboard set to UTC+1 (I am in Europe). WordPress, buddypress and bbpress are all current and up to date. We have the site running on a Windows IIS server.

Anyone help on this would be greatly appreciated!

(crossposted to buddypress.org as I have no idea if bbpress or buddypress is the problem, or neither!)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Odd. Could be a bug in several different places, but bbPress does use BuddyPress’s bp_core_current_time() function before calling bp_activity_add() in BBP_BuddyPress_Activity::record_activity().

I’d start your trouble shooting there, and see what time is being calculated.

I’ve seen this issue before but I can’t remember what it is 🙁

I searched here on bbPress but nothing, a Google search does show lots of bbPress v1.x forum sites with this error bug.

Do you have any other plugins or custom functions that are adjusting/using server time?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar