Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress 1.2 + bbPress 1.0.2 – freshness in GMT

• I have a unique install (buddypress + bbpress for groups + external bbpress – which are hooked together)

The problem is when posting via the external bbPress the freshness dates are off, as Andy from BP noted they need to be in GMT format.

see ticket

http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1727

I don’t mind hacking the core but what do I need to modify to sync up all my GMT dates.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• grassrootspa

@grassrootspa

@etiviti:

Glad you brought this up. How the heck have you gotten BuddyPress’s activity stream to work with an external bbPress install? (I’m assuming your bbPress forums folder is on a separate domain than the buddyPress install? It’s not in the ‘default’ /forums location, right?)

I’m been unable to get the bbPress activity to show up in the BuddyPress activity stream even when the bbpress install is located in the /forums location.

This whole ‘groups’ vs. ‘forums’ thing is driving me nuts.

Grrrr…when people post questions about bbPress working with BuddyPress on the BuddyPress forum it seems like they always send up back here!

I’m assuming your bbPress forums folder is on a separate domain than the buddyPress install? It’s not in the ‘default’ /forums location, right?

Correct, standalone bbPress is installed on a subdomain (forums.mydomain.com) and obviously the group forum is activated within buddypress (mydomain.com/forums) as well. All share the same bb tables; so group discussions can be carried on via a more direct forum feel with extra bells and whistles.

How the heck have you gotten BuddyPress’s activity stream to work with an external bbPress install?

There is a plugin for BuddyPress called bbGroups (uses xmlrpc) but is outdated. I had to update the code for 1.2 due to the activity stream changes. (and i need to update once more since 1.2 RC1) – the XMLRPC is not ideal but does carry over the hidden/read-only and who has access. (i’d probably code it to access the db directly – but it works for my testing)

Seems redundant to have 2 forum interfaces but this allows “outside” forums which may not be appropriate for setting up a group.

But at some point BuddyPress 1.2 now expects the dates in GMT while standalone bbPress 1.0.2 must insert the timestamp on a topic/post differently. (I just haven’t had the time to sift over the code to figure it out yet)

foodin65
    Participant

@foodin65

Do either of you have instructions somewhere on how to set up a seperate Forums set for Buddypress. I really need to have a full forum set-up within my Buddypress install for all of those topics that don’t really need a Whole Group to be set up. I’d still like all of the group forums to be accessable via the groups interface but also in the forums interface.

It sounds from these posts that you two have figured it out somewhat.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar