Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[bsp-profile] not Working for me

• uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Ok, So using BBPRESS and I have hit an issue when I use the BBP STYLE PACK shortcode [bsp-profile] to allow registered users to edit their profiles, the shortcode does not work.

I believe it is because I have installed WordPress in a directory called /WP,

So [bsp-profile] creates the hyperlink https://uktechhub.com/wp/forums/users/xxxxx

but profiles are located at https://uktechhub.com/forums/users/xxxx/

Is there any way to change how the shortcode [bsp-profile] points to the profiles without the /wp attribute added ?

Thanks

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what is in

dashboard>settings>general>site Address (URL)?

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

WordPress Address (URL) https://uktechhub.com/wp

Site Address (URL) https://uktechhub.com

Robin W

@robin-w

my code calls site_url() as a function which weirdly gets the wordpress url, whereas home_url() gets the site url !!

I’ll amend the code and release a new version tomorrow

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

That is great news, thank you as always.

I am surprised I am the only one whom has installed WP in a sub directory (must be my old Server days) and old habits die hard πŸ˜‰

Thanks again

Robin W

@robin-w

surprised me as well πŸ™‚

Robin W

@robin-w

should be fixed in 4.7.5 just released – would be great if you could confirm πŸ™‚

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Hi Robin

I updated BBP Style Pack and placed the shortcode [bsp-profile] both into a page and into a shortcode option for the menu

The shortcode in the page does not work and the shortcode in the menu creates the following Hyperlink in which UK Sentinel is replaced by UK%20Sentinel and does not work – it should be uksentinel

https://uktechhub.com/forums/users/UK%20Sentinel

I am just going to create a new user with a single name,

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

I just created another user called bob and the shortcode in the menu works well and shows profile for bob πŸ˜‰

It is just an issue with two worded usernames like UK Sentinel ?

Hope that helps and this is so much better than previous πŸ˜‰

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Just making sure my last post did not get missed

SO the [bsp-profile] shortcode works for usernames when they do not have a space between them such as ‘billibob’ but fails when there is a space e.g. UK Sentinel ?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, not ignoring you – will try and get to this tomorrow

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Thank you

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve just released version 4.7.6 of bsp-style-pack that should fix this – please come back and confirm

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Thanks Robin.

Just installed and tested, shortcode [bsp-profile] creates https://uktechhub.com/forums/users/

No username at end ?

I tried three different browsers and cleared cache etc

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

FYI – the shortcode produces the title My Profile which disappears when user logs out of account (which is great) and this new firmware seems to sit much better in my Top Menu, before it kept going to the Far Left and looked a little odd

πŸ˜‰ nearly there

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I’d left a line of test code in which caused the user not to be selected, fixed in 4.7.7

I have also corrected the shortcode to do what it said in the documentation – so the default is ‘my profile’

so

[bsp-profile] will show ‘My Profile’ in a clickable link to the profile

[Profile label=’This is the label’] will show ‘This is the label’ in a clickable link to the profile

[Profile label=’Edit My Profile’ edit=’y’] will show ‘Edit My Profile’ in a clickable link to the edit section of profile

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

No problem and any time you spend with this is great news for us all.

The [bsp-profile] now works perfectly for both single names and double spaced names and for myself, job done.

I did try the other two shortcodes and alas for myself they do not work at all, when either is placed in the menu or onto a page as a shortcode, then the shortcode is shown in menu, not the result of the shortcode,

please see image link for clarity and I assumed the remaining two shortcodes would work the same as [bsp-profile] i.e, just add and it works?

forum layout

[Profile label=’Edit My Profile’ edit=’y’]

Robin W

@robin-w

there are 6 shortcodes in style pack, can you clarify which 2 you mean?

Image didn’t help me πŸ™

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Sorry

The two shortcodes are, I assume they can work independently so does not need to work in conjunction with[bsp-profile] ?

[Profile label=’This is the label’]

[Profile label=’This is the label’]

Robin W

@robin-w

well that’s embarassing, I hadn’t spotted that the shortcode is wrong.

It is one shortcode with parameters so should read

bsp Profile

[bsp-profile] will show ‘My Profile’ in a clickable link to the profile

[bsp-profile label=’This is the label’] will show ‘This is the label’ in a clickable link to the profile

[bsp-profile label=’Edit My Profile’ edit=’y’] will show ‘Edit My Profile’ in a clickable link to the edit section of profile

so you can have anything as the label eg label=’hello mother’

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ll not release yet another version, but will correct the documentation in the next release

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Perfect πŸ˜‰

Robin W

@robin-w

got there πŸ™‚

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Take the rest of the night off, you have earn’t it πŸ˜‰

WWW_Marieke
    Participant

@www_marieke

Is there a shortcode that show the profile instead of linking to the profile?
    A shortcode that I can add to a page, so viewers can go to that page and view their profile?

I added [bsp-profile label=’Bekijk mijn profiel’] to this page but I would like to just show the profile on this page because the url/shortcode looks kinda hidden.

Forum dashboard

(I googled a lot to fix this but this topic was the best I could find so far.)

uksentinel
    Participant

@uksentinel

Does the [bsp-profile] shortcode not work if placed upon a page and is already logged in ?

I am using the [bsp-profile] shortcode via a menu option, as simpler for users to see and use and can be hidden if user is not logged in etc ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar