Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bridge wordpress users and bbpress

• proversion88
    Participant

@proversion88

I have a membership site with s2 member plugin and I want to install bbpress on a sub domain..the forum is not public and only my members need to access it. Is there an easy way to bridge login between bbpress and wordpress? All my members should be able to login to forum without registering again..

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress just uses WordPress users, so if your members are WordPress users, they will be bbpress users as well.

you main issue will be sharing users between two domains.

Why do you want bbpress in a sub domain ?

Robin W

@robin-w

if you want a subdomain, you’ll need to look at how to bridge two domains eg

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30952936/sharing-user-on-2-wordpress-installs-in-2-sub-domains-on-same-server

proversion88
    Participant

@proversion88

I want to separate wordpress and bbpress..wordpress is on my main domain and I want to setup bbpress on a subdomain like forum.mydomain.com

I tried with adding bbpress, but it really mess up everything on the membership side as it is already setup with custom themes and plugins and lot of modifications through code. I also need to use separate theme for forum as the default is not integrated well with my current theme..For these reasons, I want to install wp and bbpress on a subdomain as separate installation and keep it private and closed for registrations..

I checked the link you posted, and it was talking about using same database for both wp installations..But in that case, their worpdress installation is identical..Mine has too nuch complicated structure in one and the forum installation will just need bbpress only..

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s all fine and good, just checking 🙂

so yes you will need to look at how to share WordPress users over two sites. Above link looks good to fix, but there were lots of answers when I googled ‘share WordPress users between 2 sites’

I also saw this plugin

Share Logins Across Multiple Sites

proversion88
    Participant

@proversion88

Okay thank you. I will check these and will see if it suits my requirements..

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar