Bottom

Breadcrumbs not appearing in forums or topics

• ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

I’m in bbPress 2.5.14
    Wordpress 5.2.2
    Avada theme 5.9.1 (and yes, I tried disabling it πŸ™‚

I’m not sure how to get the breadcrumbs to show above subforums and topics so that users can navigate back to the main forum page as they go deeper into the threads. I tried the troubleshooting steps in the “Getting Started” section, but to no avail. The forums are private, so I’m not able to share a useful URL. Not sure what I can share to help get this solved. I tried Robin’s bbstyle pack, too, under the “breadcrumbs” section and no go for me.

Forums lacking breadcrumbs

If the img embed doesn’t work, the screenshot can be seen here: share.getcloudapp.com/E0uln5v2

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Still having trouble with this β€”Β any help?

Robin W

@robin-w

A default theme with just bbpress shows these, so it is either theme or plugin related – I can only suggest

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Hey Robin! I found it (hallelujah and thank you for your help!). There was a tiny setting deep in the recesses of the Avada theme that was causing these to not show up (I had been trying to work with their support team, too, but they kept telling me it was bbPress ;). Just for anyone else that finds this issue in Avada, you have to scroll to the bottom of your forum page when you are in edit mode to Avada Options > Page Title Bar > Show Bar and Content (or just “Show Content”) then adjust from there!

Good grief. Such grief. Ha ha. Now to find out why posts are not publishing from anyone other than me and being held in “moderation”. May need to hire a developer on this one, as I’m testing permissions wide open on staging and still can’t get it to go! Ah. Websites. πŸ˜‰

Thanks, Robin

Robin W

@robin-w

are you running buddypress as well ?

ginaginagina
    Participant

@ginaginagina

Hi Robin β€” sorry; I’m not getting notifications whenever I get a reply, even though I have that setting checked, so I’m just seeing your reply here (funny enough, the same thing is happening to users on my forums, too). No, I don’t have BuddyPress, but I’m thinking about adding it once everything is cleared up so I can add more functionality. πŸ™‚

Robin W

@robin-w

see you are fixed with moderation as well

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar