Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

breadcrumbs div called before doctype when not logged in signed in

• Joe Greenwood
    Participant

@jgreenwood

I have already posted this question, but has not been approved by moderators. Please approve, has been entire day already, thank you.

I have issue where bbPress HTML code is being written above the <doctype> declaration in my page, but this only happens when not logged in / signed in to WordPress. This is for Forums and Topics pages, and none others. When logged in, then HTML code is written in its proper place. I will attach a screenshot showing both instances, the top being when not signed in (HTML is out of place, before <doctype>), the bottom when signed in (HTML is correctly placed in body, and <doctype> comes first as it should).

screenshot

Any ideas on where this HTML might be called differently, depending on whether or not user is logged in? I have tried disabling plugins. Perhaps it is something with my theme. My site can be viewed at http://www.lexiconleep.com/forums/forum/leep-questions-answers/ … I wonder if it has something to do with assigning a forum role to anonymous users..? Perhaps anonymous (not logged in) users need to have a forum role … I will look into this. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Joe Greenwood
    Participant

@jgreenwood

is there a way to assign a forum role to not signed in users? i’m thinking this has something to do with it. thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

suspect it is a theme or plugin issue#

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar