Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank Page on “forum” directory

• gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

Hi,

I am having problems setting up the forum for my community.
    I have used the short code [bbp-forum-index] on the “forum” page but nothing appears on the screen, it is blank.
    The subscription I take for my website is on wordpress.com and I’ve seen a few tutorials on how to setup the bbPress but had no success. It seems others on the internet have more options on wordpress than my subscription on wordpress.com, hope this helps to figure out.

I hope to get this done.

Cheers and waiting for a reply,
    André Machado

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

link to the forum page of your site please

gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

Hi again,

I made a change, it seems to be with permalinks. When I change to “plain” it showed up in the link of the forum but other site pages’ custumization doesn’t show up like contact with wordpress.com/contact example. Here is the forum website link: https://liberognulinux.wpcomstaging.com/forums/ and this is the link that works by changing the permalink plain https://liberognulinux.wpcomstaging.com/?page_id=50

Robin W

@robin-w

If you set the permalink to ‘postname’ it should work

gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

If I set to “postname” the other links work but forum doesn’t work, it gives a blank white page..

gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

Ok, I figure it out. I installed custom permalinks plugin. Now it shows up the forum.

Thanks btw!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

Here’s the update, I have installed the forum and the front page seems to work perfectly but when I click on them it show up a blank page like the last problem I had when I started this topic.

Here’s the link to the forum so you can view what’s going on: https://liberognulinux.wpcomstaging.com/forums

Thanks in advance

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

gnu95
    Participant

@gnu95

Thanks for your reply,

I think it was a problem with the theme, seems it doesn’t support blank theme from scratch. I changed to twenty twenty theme and all the forum links worked perfectly.

Thanks again, if I have a problem again I come back here.

Robin W

@robin-w

đŸ™‚

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar