Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank page after Step 1 of installation

• 1. Created the database;

2. Uploaded the bbPress files to the destination directory;

3. Went to my forum URL and got the appropriate install screen;

4. Proceeded to Step 1, where I entered the pertinent info (Database name, Database user, Database password);

5. Upon entering the requisite info, I hit ‘Save database configuration file’ button;

6. The next screen tells me “Your settings have been saved to the file bb-config.php You can now continue to the next step.” I click ‘Go to Step 2’;

7. Blank white screen (http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/bb-admin/install.php).

Note: I have tried starting from scratch I have installed a new database, then re-uploading the bbPress files, creating the ‘bb-config.php’ file manually from the sample version, then uploading it via FTP. When I do it this way, I get the blank white screen immediately, without getting any introductory/installation pages.

I have installed many wordpress blogs on the same server on various domains with absolutely no problem.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Is your server set up to display php error messages? If not, then you may be hitting a fatal error, but not seeing the error message.

Yes, the server displays error messages.

What is with the blank page??!!@#$%??? Whenever the bb-config.php file is created (with the correct db name/user/pw), the installation crashes. After successfully installing numerous wordPress blogs, phpBB bulletin boards – all on the same server with the same settings – this is the ONLY installation that has given me such a problem on the install.

Greg
    Participant

@rebootnow

Have you tried using firebug to see the sequence of HTTP requests? That may shed some light.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar