Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Blank content, see only username.

• sakullak
    Participant

@sakullak

There’re new topics, but when I click to see the content, it’s blank. I can see only username.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• sakullak
    Participant

@sakullak

All topics are blank. I don’t know what’s wrong.

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

We are having the same problem, blank posts here:

The Grange Newsroom

🙁

Still trying to find the root cause, forum has been working fine for a couple of years.

Robin W

@robin-w

@sakullak – are you running Jetpack?

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Quick update for us, with thanks to Robin. It might be that Jetpack is the root cause of our Forum posts suddenly showing as blank. Jetpack is managed by our host (WordPress Business) so they are investigating.

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Another update, FIXED!

Disabling JetPack Site Accelerator brings all the bbPress Forum posts back to life.

WP Dashboard > JetPack > Performance > Performance & Speed > Disable Site Accelerator

Phew 🙂

sakullak
    Participant

@sakullak

Thank you !! It’s fixed !!

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Great news. Huge thanks again to Robin who narrowed this down greatly.

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Quick update from WordPress (via a support ticket on a Business subscription)

BEGINS

Hey there!

I’m following up today to let you know we’ve identified the issue with bbPRess and Jetpack; our Jetpack developers have found a fix, which is currently being worked on. If all goes well with the development of this fix, we expect it to be released as early as this coming Tuesday.

We appreciate your time and effort, and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to get it fixed!

ENDS

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s good news 🙂

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Thanks again to you Robin, you were the one who helped solve it 🙂 🙂

kent3452
    Participant

@kent3452

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!
    I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOUR TICKET xD

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

🙂 🙂

JetPack fix might be issued tomorrow, Tuesday May 16th

frenchalps
    Participant

@neilrobb1wp1org

Quick update as of Wednesday May 17th 2023, WordPress Support confirmed a JetPack fix has been pushed, I tested it this morning and it works. If you enable

JetPack > Settings > Performance > Enable Site Accelerator > Speed up image load times, then bbPress Forum posts will no longer be missing and Site Accelerator will work normally as before.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar