Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bb/wp integration and username issues

• OK, I got the bb running, seeing the usernames from wp.

Two issues, first, I installed the bb plugin mentioned in the faq (name-display) into the my-plugins sub-directory. It doesn’t show up in the plugins section of bb.

Which makes me wonder if that is the reason users who register on BB are not found on WP. If this is the case, figuring out how to get the plugin active will solve the problem… If it isn’t, any ideas why wp isn’t recognizing bb registrations?

Second, I noticed that WP usernames with a space (Joe West) can not log in to bb with that name, but usenames without spaces (Joe) work fine.

Since this bb install is later than my wp install, I have users who have spaces in their names… Any way to fix this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Does this help:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/spaces-in-login?replies=6#post-5180

There is a link to an old plugin (for v 0.74) that made spaces work. Not sure if that still works. But the thread talks about your problem exactly.

That was a good lead, but I downloaded the plugin, and although it shows up (unlike the display-name plugin) activating it has no impact on old registrations.

I also tried to register a new account “Test User” — the confirmation screen says, “Your registration as TestUser was successful.” No space.

Although in a wacky twist of fate, the registration did also carry through to WP. And assigned the correct role once the user logged in, albeit with a changed username as indicated above.

OK… Through some searching through the forums… I found this:

Usernames with spaces do not work

And it seems to work. Does not allow for special characters, for example, Dr. Nobody (the period doesn’t go through)…

One step closer, now… Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar