Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress/Buddypress user name not in sync

• cmavrikas
    Participant

@cmavrikas

Hello,

I have a WordPress/BuddyPress/bbPress installation.

I have noticed that in all activity coming from the blog ow the social network functionality of BuddyPress, the user name displayed is the one filled bythe user during registration as the on e to be shown in the community.

On the other hand, in bbPress forums and in the activity stream related to the forums, the user name displayed is the login required name of the user.

Is there a way to sync these and display in bbPress the “community name” too?

Thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Hi,
    What would be the buddypress function to retrieve the username ?
    Pascal.

cmavrikas
    Participant

@cmavrikas

Hi, I am sorry I do not have such deep knowledge of BuddyPress to answer. I am using the standard installation of both plugins with no modification and this odd behaviour of usernames is the “standard” one.

I have read around many people facing this issue and I was hoping that someone has found a solution.

cmavrikas
    Participant

@cmavrikas

Do you think thia is a BuddyPress related issue or bbPress?

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

It’s not an issue at all, it’s just what is displayed. bbPress always had one thing, BuddyPress started putting another one. I didn’t have time yet to have a look at the function in BuddyPress as I’m very busy professionally at the moment.
    Pascal.

cmavrikas
    Participant

@cmavrikas

It turned out to be a problem caused by the caching plugin used by my hosting provuder!

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

haaa, great find ! Thanks for posting back.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar