Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress / wordpress avatar?

• Does anyone know of a plugin with which i can use on both the aforementioned sites? I’ve integrated both bbpress & wordpress so they use the same profile, and i just want to include a way for users to upload an avatar. and for it to show next to comments. their posts, and in their profile. Any help much appreciated!

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)

• stereopoly

@stereopoly

Trying to activate Vili’s Avatar Thingy, my wordpress says:

“The plugin could not be activated for it’s causing a fatal error.”

What now? :(

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If you have access to a log file, check to see what the fatal error was, or temporarily configure your webserver to echo errors to the browser, or redirect them to a file. A fatal error can be anything: you need to know specifically what the error is to have a chance at fixing it.

does this still work for latest versions (2.5, 9.0.1)?

The code he pasted, above, is missing the <?php … ?> tags, so I’m also getting compiler errors.

college beauty

@college-beauty

Does this work good, or should I keep looking for a better solution? I want avatars to match on WordPress and BBpress integrated site.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bbPress and WordPress use gravatar which is the same service.

college beauty

@college-beauty

Yah, I know that. I eventually used the WordPress custom avatar plugin and updated my bbpress theme to call that function from WordPress side of things.

college beauty

@college-beauty

Unless you have like a tech blog, very few people know how/will bother getting a gravatar. I’d say 90% of people that register upload an avatar now.

I used a hack to the wordpress code. It was some basic php. If you want the code, just let me know.

OPI Axxium Gel

@opi-axxium-gel

I need that code. PLease send me! Thank you.

Viewing 10 replies - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar