Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress will continue?

• I can see several spam messages on this forum and they stay quite a long time. This worries me about BBpress itself. Can someone shed some light if BBpress has a future? Is it actively developed?

thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • bbPress is very much under active development. You can see that in the trac timeline – https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/timeline.

The spam periodically gets to a high level on the forums because

1) There are only a handful of moderators at the moment

2) The spam is human generated and most of it does not get caught by akismet

Hope that helps :)

Sure it helps:) From time to time I visit the forums and

when I saw these spams, I looked for a button/link to report them

but I think there isn’t such feature yet or if there is any way

for normal users to delete these spam messages, that would be perfect. e.g marking these sort of message by us and if a threshold is reached, spam can be moved to a spam queue or something like that or if there is anything I can do to mitigate this issue, please let me know.

This questions sound a bit silly, but is it helpful if someone tag a spam topic as “spam”, “spams”, “spamming”, or “spammer”? (I always do this when I see a spam topic)

That seems to be a workaround but as long as the post keeps in the list and not moved/removed to a different queue, it will stay there till a moderator takes action I think.

cavenewt
    Participant

@cavenewt

‘This questions sound a bit silly, but is it helpful if someone tag a spam topic as “spam”, “spams”, “spamming”, or “spammer”? (I always do this when I see a spam topic)’

That explains why, when I come here looking for spam-fighting solutions, I turn up so much spam. :(

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar