Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress width

• Ragnarock1982SV
    Participant

@ragnarock1982sv

Hi All,

I’m kinda new to the whole website creating thing, and really need some help with this one.

I have installed BBpress, Buddypress and BBpress new UI (To change the look of bbpress), now the website is http://www.steelvanguards.com

If you look on the forum page, I have disabled the widget so that I have the full page for the forum. However the forum is only in the middle of the page.

I have tried adding :

.bbpress .container {
    max-width:100% !important;
    }

To a few files, as per the previous topics, but nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I can’t find anything in any of the files which relates to the actual width of the forum.

Please please help. . . because I’m on the verge of giving up and going back to WPSymposium. . . which doesn’t have enough features for what I need.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Ragnarock1982SV
    Participant

@ragnarock1982sv

PS.. . . I’m not very good with CSS or anything like that, so please be gentle with your replies šŸ˜‰

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, gentle response !!

your forum is sitting within a class of .entry-content which is set to max-width: 474px;

so you need to add

.entry-content {
      max-width: 100% !important;
    }

to your theme style.css at the end

Strictly speaking you should add this to a child theme

Functions files and child themes – explained !

but if you add it to your main theme, juts keep a note of it, as you will need to re-add it should your theme be updated

Come back if anything not clear, and I’ll help further !

Robin W

@robin-w

Iā€™m kinda new to the whole website creating thing, and really need some help with this one.

we all were once, and not so long ago šŸ™‚ keep asking Q’s – that’s the way you learn!

Ragnarock1982SV
    Participant

@ragnarock1982sv

Thank you!!

The :
    .entry-content {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    }

Didn’t actually work for some reason.. However . . I did a search in the file for ‘474’ which related to ‘entry-content’, and changed it to 1000px. . . It changed it to what I needed!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now I just need to figure out the colour! LOL

PS: I Don’t have a child theme, but have a really good memory. Plus I have my site regularly backed up, so if it all goes seriously wrong, I’ll do a restore. šŸ™‚

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar