Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Update Error

• pcpro178
    Participant

@pcpro178

Whenever I try to update bbPress I keep getting this error:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin bbPress (1/1)
    Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/bbpress.2.5.11.zip…
    Unpacking the update…
    Installing the latest version…
    Removing the old version of the plugin…
    Plugin update failed.

An error occurred while updating bbPress: The update cannot be installed because we will be unable to copy some files. This is usually due to inconsistent file permissions. templates/default/bbpress/bbpress-templates

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

Wordpress Version 4.6.1
    bbPress Version 2.5.10
    Website URL: https://sopearly.com

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Do you have any issues updating WordPRess itself? How about other plugins or themes?

I think you may need to contact your webhost for help with this issue.

pcpro178
    Participant

@pcpro178

Hi Stephen. WordPress and other plugins update without any problems. I have spoken with my web host. They looked at it and said I needed to contact bbPress support. How does uninstalling bbPress modify the database?

First, make a backup your database using your webhost site backup, or database backup preference.

Cool, deleting the bbPress plugin will *not* delete anything from your database 🙂

So delete the plugin, and then download and activate bbPress again 🙂

Backup first, because, backup, your data is important, and incase anything else goes wrong you have a backup 🙂

pcpro178
    Participant

@pcpro178

Reinstalling the plugin seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks so much for your help! 🙂

Glad you got it sorted, when the next bbPress update occurs let me know if it fails again and we can look into this further

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar