Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Unsubscribe when no longer Participant Role

• juliemarie99
    Participant

@juliemarie99

WordPress 4.7 bbPress 2.5.12 http://members.thesoulscripts.com

There seems to be no way for admins or users to unsubscribe from email notifications when they are no longer Participant. After they stop paying to be a member of our site, their Participant role is removed. They should be removed from all email notifications as well at that point. Many angry people! Help!!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • If a “membership” type role plugin is removing the “Participant” role then that plugin I would expect should clean up after itself in general, that is, I would expect that plugin to also remove a users subscriptions.

bbPress has all of the functionality implemented to perform these said actions, the plugin you are using to do this would just need to implement this functionality.

juliemarie99
    Participant

@juliemarie99

The Participant role is removed but they continue to receive forum reply notifications.

The membership plugin you are using should remove the user from any subscription.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I think I understand the expectation here, but that isn’t how it’s currently designed to work.

More specifically, bbPress subscriptions do not discriminate against the user’s current role. If they were subscribed before, they’ll be subscribed until they unsubscribe.

To achieve the behavior you desire, a plugin could be written that either:

• Filters bbp_topic_subscription_user_ids and removes users with/out desired roles
    • Filter bbp_set_user_role and permanently delete all subscriptions when the new role matches one that qualifies

Maybe a combination of both of the above, if you need to account for already removed users, but want to clean-up future role changes.

@juliemarie99
    If it can help, I have a slightly older plugin ‘bbP Manage Subscriptions’ where you can as admin manually (un)subscribe users.
    But it’s manual, one after the other, so I hope you don’t have too many to unsubscribe (bulk actions is on my list, but no time at present to implement)

brettdarnesh
    Participant

@brettdarnesh

@casiepa I have a problem where users can’t unsubscribe themselves and I can’t see where I can manually unsubscribe them. I have tried ‘bbP Manage Subscriptions’ but it causes an error:

Warning: Declaration of bbPMS_List_Table::get_sortable_columns($roles_to_show, $forums_to_show) should be compatible with WP_List_Table::get_sortable_columns() in /home/…/public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/bbp-manage-subscriptions/bbp-manage-subscriptions.php on line 179

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/…/public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/bbp-manage-subscriptions/bbp-manage-subscriptions.php:179) in /home/…./public_html/dev/wp-content/plugins/sg-cachepress/class-sg-cachepress.php on line 342

The urls in the errors seem messed up?

brettdarnesh
    Participant

@brettdarnesh

@casiepa I managed to get it to work

unfortunately I can’t unsubscribe people from topics within the forums

@brettdarnesh I’m publishing my ‘bbP Toolkit’ in v1.0.9 in some days. That one gives keymasters and moderators the right to unsubscribe users from forums and topics. Install the current version for now so you see the new one coming.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar