Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress stopped and vanished

• wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

HI,

the only update i have just had is wordpress and i have just noticed that my BBpress has stopped working, but now it has gone from my admin list and the forums or no longer visible. but in plugins it shows that the plugin is still active.

i have reinstalled the plugin but noting is happening. I havent even got forums in my wordpress dashboard anymore.

Any ideas? Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so has it stopped working in front end, or just disappeared from back end or both?

Robin W

@robin-w

I’ve just upgraded my test site to wordpress 5.8 and all looks ok.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

HI,
    it is both end that have stopped, when i go to a forum i get a 404 error, then when i go into admin, the side buttons have gone and there is no more forum options in the settings.

I have tried troubleshooting and nothing has changed.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save – this resets the permalinks and may help

wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

HI,

Some good news.

doing this has brought back the forums on user side (frontend), but the admin side there is no tabs for anything, i cant see the forums or control them.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so what is the bbpress role for the user ID you are using to examine the dashboard?

wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

Hi,

I am unable to see anything to do with BBpress as it is not visible as the forum tab has also gone, but I am in as the original Administrator.

wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

I have just see that I am now down as participant and not key master, But it doesnt let me change it.

Robin W

@robin-w

only a keymaster can add another keymaster.

If there are no keymasters left, then add this plugin

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes

and you will see that you can add yourself back as a keymaster

you can then dcativate and delete this plugin, or maybe use the features on your site

wonadoomore
    Participant

@wonadoomore

Hi,

Amazing it all works great now. Dont know how the BBpress crashed but Thank you for your help!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar