Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress sidebar not working

• mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

I’m new with the WordPress and building my first webpage. I have installed bbPress and bbPress WP Tweaks plugin and created Forum page. Forum appears on forum page, but login sidebar widget does not. bbPress sidebar area is showing on Widgets settings and I have added login widget to it. Still sidebar is not showing on Forum page. If I add login widget to main sidebar widget area, then login widget will show on every page. Why bbPress sidebar widget area is not working? Is this a bug? I have tried this with many WordPress themes with no luck.

I’m currently using WordPress 4.7.2 with Twenty Twelve theme and bbPress 2.5.12-6148.
    My website is not yet public.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

twentytwelve does not have a bbpress widgets sidebar as standard – do you know how you got this?

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, missed that you were using wp tweaks which adds this sidebar. This plugin has no support, and doesn’t work with several themes by the look of it.

suggest you try

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

the logic for forum pages is

is_bbpress()

for a widget to only show on forum pages

and to exclude from forum pages is

!is_bbpress()

mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

Thanks for help. Problem got solved with Widget logic.

mpnuu
    Participant

@mpnuu

I had to create child theme for Twenty Sixteen. After that, bbPress sidebar went on bottom of the page. What I have to do to get sidebar back to side of the page?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar