Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Required Profile Fields – What’s the code?

• drjohndimi
    Participant

@drjohndimi

I have searched online for days and I have not found how to make profile fields mandatory/required by users so that if they don’t complete those fields they cannot use the forum.
    I’m sure there are code ninjas out there that have done this in their sleep or just know how to do it, so can you please the code and where to find/replace them?
    Thank you so much.
    JD
    – If I have my way, I’d rather not have yet another plugin installed for this. Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are these profile fields from buddypress ?

drjohndimi
    Participant

@drjohndimi

No. I’m using a bbPress based theme. There’s no BuddyPress on the website.
    Thank you.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok so bbpress does not ask for profile fields, so it might be your theme doing this

what theme are you using, and what ‘fields’ have you set up, and using which part of your site ?

drjohndimi
    Participant

@drjohndimi

What we wanted was to get users after they have joined/registered on the site, to go the profile page and fill in some/all of the fields in their profile page, perhaps by making the fields required/mandatory so that without completing the required fields they cannot post on the site. Is this far-fetched?

This is the website we are working on and this is the theme we are using.

Robin W

@robin-w

it’s doable, but beyond free help I suspect

drjohndimi
    Participant

@drjohndimi

All I can do now is to remain hopeful that someone out there has a way of making profile fields mandatory.
    Nevertheless, thank you for your assistance @robin-w.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar