Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress pulling (seemingly) random php from theme

• jryaus
    Participant

@jryaus

Hi all,

Any help would be appreciated, as I’m a serious beginner. I’m creating my own theme and adding bbPress compatability (as per instructions from bbPress here).

I’ve created a bbpress.php file and bbPress is using this template for individual forum pages, but for the forum ‘home page’ bbPress is seemingly pulling a random file titled blog.php – which isn’t an option in their template hierarchy.

Why is bbPress using this php file? I’m sure it’s something I just don’t know yet. I’m using bbPress Version 2.5.14 and the newest WP as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• jryaus
    Participant

@jryaus

Quick update: Tested a bit more. I’ve renamed the file that it is mistakenly using several times but it doesn’t help, bbPress uses that same file no matter what. Could it be something in the file itself that telling bbPress to use it?

Sorry for the basic questions. I thought this would be relatively simple – just rename the template I wanted to use to bbpress.php and move it to the correct folder. Not sure what to do! Thanks for the help

Robin W

@robin-w

which method in part 3 are you doing?

jryaus
    Participant

@jryaus

Hi Robin, thanks for your response!

At first I tried Method 1, then Method 2, but I still get the same result. My forum page is titled ‘forums’, (XXXX.org/forums/) but it’s still pulling the random php file for the template.

I appreciate your help! Thank you!

jryaus
    Participant

@jryaus

Also, i just activated the Twenty Seventeen to see if my forum home page works in that theme, but it still doesn’t. In fact, when I open the page, the wordpress admin ribbon at the top of the screen doesn’t even show up and it’s just a white page. Very strange, at least to me.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmm… agree – any chance of taking a look

contact me via my website if needed

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar