Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress private groups plugin breaks blog posts

• jvolavka
    Participant

@jvolavka

Hi. I’m using the bbpress private groups plugin and it seems to be causing problems with my blog. I get a 500 error when I try to add a new blog post, and it also gives an error when I try to save or publish a pre-existing draft. Is there anything I can do about that? I don’t want to lose my private forums because there are different groups on the site that need their own spaces.

Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

are you using php 7.1 ?

jvolavka
    Participant

@jvolavka

Ahh, no. I’m using 7.0.15
    Should I update?

Robin W

@robin-w

no, 7.1 is producing 500 errors for some users

Has this error always existed, or is it new? Have you upgraded anything?

As a test are you able to deactivate private groups and see if the error goes away

I get a 500 error when I try to add a new blog post,

Can you give me the exact error please

also gives an error when I try to save or publish a pre-existing draft

can you give me the exact error please

Robin W

@robin-w

and what version of wordpress, bboress and private groups are you running?

jvolavka
    Participant

@jvolavka

The error is new since we last updated plugins (though another site manager updated them so I’m not sure what all ran updates). The error goes away when I deactivate the private groups plugin. This is what I get when I try to add a new blog post:

This page isn’t working

geekgirlpenpals.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

WordPress version 4.7.5
    bbpress version 2.5.12
    private groups version 3.4.8

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry to keep asking questions, but is that adding in the backend or front end? or both ?

jvolavka
    Participant

@jvolavka

Back end. The front end of the blog seems fine, we just can’t add a new blog post from any back end location.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so I have tried with posts and cannot immediately recreate

dashboard>posts>add new and then what to make it happen, and at what point does it appear?

jvolavka
    Participant

@jvolavka

That is the point when it appears. When I get to add new from the dashboard, or from other posts, or anywhere that might generate a new post in the back end. After further testing, I also cannot add a new page or a new forum.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you contact me via my website contact page as I need some info from your site which you may not want to post here

http://www.rewweb.co.uk

windwardoaks
    Participant

@windwardoaks

Did this get resolved? I have a similar issue on my website. Once I activate bbPress, the blog pages close.
    See: http://windwardoaksontherez.website/ halfway down the home page to the right of Events the blog feed if blank.
    https://windwardoaksontherez.website/uncategorized/community-news/ page is empty

If I deactivate bbPress, the blogs return. However, I then lose my forums. Any suggestions?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar