Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress private groups are visible in activity stream

• schossie
    Participant

@schossie

Hello,
    I think this issue has been going on for years, but I dont seem to be able to find that it had been fixed at some point!

I am using wp 5.22 bbpress 2.5.14 and buddypress 4.3.0
    It still happens when I use different themes and if I uninstall other plugins.

In bbpress I have a plugin called private groups and the forums show in the activity stream (which I believe to be from buddy press). You cant enter the forum via the link, but still you see the heading and actually also the text.
    I wonder if this problem is because of a false bbp and BP integration? BP doesnt get the info for private/hidden forums?

I am very new to this and dont have much experience so please tell me what more information I can give. I have also posted this issue on buddypress support.
    Has there ever been a solution to this?
    Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• canvasstudio
    Participant

@canvasstudio

Just glanced at this one, think I have a solution if you have not found one.

schossie
    Participant

@schossie

Hi @canvasstudio,
    my whole site crashed at some point and I started over without buddypress, as I suspected that it was this plugin that was causing the problem.
    Now I have a test site and am experimenting again, as for my community buddypress would be ideal to have as well.

So yes I am interested in your solution!

Right now after installing buddypress, I dont see any activities from the private groups.

Ideally I would like that users see the activity according to their group permission.

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar