Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress post hook

• s1r0n
    Participant

@s1r0n

Can someone tell me the name of the hook/filter that I can use to take an action immediately AFTER there has been a new post in a forum? I want to be able to send out some emails to special groups of subscribers when a post is made on a forum. I have tried the wordpress hook publish_post but that doesn’t seem to work.

help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

The subscribe link is for that, so users can subscribe to the forum or a topic and receive emails, when posts are made.
    The way you want it is that users get emails even if they did not subscribe, which would fall under UN-solicited emails.

s1r0n
    Participant

@s1r0n

i really don’t need a lesson in spam. What I need is the hook so that I can send to users who opt in to an announcements board email when an announcement was posted. I’m not going to tell you why I need this, or what I am doing with it, because frankly it is none of your business. You’re just going to give me the hook, or not. If not then I will bitch an complain about the lack of documentation for BBSPRESS, and the terrible support you get from the plugin folks, who can’t answer a simple question without making all sorts of presumptions and assumptions, and go waste a whole bunch of time that I could be spending with my kids, and find it myself.

m

s1r0n
    Participant

@s1r0n

oh, i think I figured it out. now I can setup BBS press to send gajillions of unsolicited emails, mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. How will you ever sleep at night anymore?

signed

Dr. Spambot.

just kidding of course. just scarring the kiddies.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar