Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress Plugin Showing Topics in Reverse Chronological Order

• Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

My topics are showing up oldest first…I don’t believe this is the default setting, but I’m not sure where I can change this. Anyone know how this is controlled?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

Okay this gets even stranger.

So I have a Forum that has 418 topics in it (and +25 hidden, whatever that means…), spread out 50 topics / page over 9 pages.

Here’s where it gets weird:

Pages 1 – 5 are showing their posts in the correct order (most recent at the top). However, they are still not the most recent topics all together. They’re the 50 oldest topics, sorted in the correct order (so post 368, 367, 366, etc.)

Pages 6 – 9 are then showing their posts in oldest first.

The oddity prevails.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Is this after importing from bbPress 1.0? If not, do you have any plugins installed that might be altering the queries is strange ways?

Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

Yes, I upgraded from 1.0.2 as per the instructions in the uploader. However, two things that were probably out of the ordinary:

1. I had a userbase of around 2700 or so, but since this is a test installation (before officially converting the live site to BBPress Plugin 2.0), and I didn’t want any surprise notices going out to the users, I only imported admins to the test installation (meaning there are 1000s of replies and 100s of topics who’s “author” is blank now)

2. During the conversion process (ie, via Tools > Import), I did not have to import the bb_users to wp_users table. In fact, I didn’t even have a bb_users table, and I’m guessing this is because we were using the old BB/WP user integration? So I made sure I still had my wp_users and wp_usermeta tables correct and just went to the second radio button to import forums, topics and replies.

As for plugins that alter queries, I tried deactivating everything this morning, including and excluding the bbpress plugin, but I get the following error:

“Fatal error: Class ‘BBP_Theme_Compat’ not found in /usr/www/users/bikepgh/devsite/wp-content/themes/speakerspokesbb/functions.php on line 32”

I’m using an exact copy of the functions.php file from the bbpress/bb-themes/bbp-twentyten folder (copied to my child theme folder of my own custom theme).

Does that provide any insight?

Clicknathan
    Participant

@clicknathan

Any idea what might be causing this, JJJ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar