Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress plugin on single page

• zeaks
    Participant

@zeaks

I’m trying out the latest version of the BBpress plugin using a basic Twenty Ten child theme. Is there any way to have the forum display using the one column template?

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Then don’t. :)

Use the theme compatibility that it comes with.

If you’re not happy with the vanilla configuration, you’re on your own to customize it. If you’re able to make a WordPress theme, you’re able to make it bbPress enabled. You just need to learn how like you did with WordPress.

The “vanilla” configuration doesn’t show the forum until my sidebar is finished… so the page becomes extremely long and appears to have no information aside from a title and the sidebar content. I’m sorry to seem frustrated, but this is the only plugin I have used that required me to completely redesign my site or the plugin in order for it to function properly.

The “vanilla” configuration doesn’t show the forum until my sidebar is finished… so the page becomes extremely long and appears to have no information aside from a title and the sidebar content. I’m sorry to seem frustrated, but this is the only plugin I have used that required me to completely redesign my site or the plugin in order for it to function properly.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress 2.0 is a plugin with 40,000 lines of code, adding huge amounts of capability equal to WordPress posts and pages themselves. Sadly, it won’t work out-of-the-box with 100% of all themes, and it sounds like you’re one of those cases. It’s one of the first plugins to mix custom post types with theme compatibility, so you’re literally one of the first few people to use it.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

bbPress 2.0 is a plugin with 40,000 lines of code, adding huge amounts of capability equal to WordPress posts and pages themselves. Sadly, it won’t work out-of-the-box with 100% of all themes, and it sounds like you’re one of those cases. It’s one of the first plugins to mix custom post types with theme compatibility, so you’re literally one of the first few people to use it.

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar