Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress.org is running 1.1-alpha-2475 now

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I just got the message about having the upgrade the database (due to subscribe to topic being added and a database change.)

Looks like the subscribe to topic link is now present in the sidebar, with no template edits.

If you notice anything else weird here at bbpress.org/forums please post in this topic. Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I think “Topic” should probably not be capitalized in the sidebar link. Just a suggestion.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Hmm

When editing a reply, the “Notify me of followup posts via e-mail” text appears twice (once below the “Allowed markup” and once above.)

Also, followup is probably a lot like the work “alot“. Should be “follow up” I think. The whole sentence might need to be reworded. They’re not posts, they’re replies, right?

I just got the message about having the upgrade the database (due to subscribe to topic being added and a database change.)

It seems that Matt listened to my request. Thank you, Matt!

When editing a reply, the “Notify me of followup posts via e-mail” text appears twice (once below the “Allowed markup” and once above.)

I think this is related to theme, I didn’t happen on my installation with Kakumei.

Also, followup is probably a lot like the work “alot”. Should be “follow up” I think. The whole sentence might need to be reworded. They’re not posts, they’re replies, right?

I made a patch that introduced this sentence and I copied it from popular WordPress plugin Subscribe to Comments. That of course doesn’t mean that it can’t be changed to any better one.

I think “Topic” should probably not be capitalized in the sidebar link. Just a suggestion.

This is how Matt made it when he introduced this feature in December (and how it was displayed here before update to 2.0), I didn’t change it in my patches.

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

I think this is related to theme, I didn’t happen on my installation with Kakumei.

This means that the theme here doesn’t contain edit-form.php and is using Kakumei’s. In the patch I posted, the action (to add the checkbox) is removed in functions.php and is instead added at a custom location in Kakumei’s edit-form.php, and as functions of Kakumei aren’t loaded here, the default action isn’t removed and the checkbox is displayed twice. This doesn’t happen with post-form.php as it is present here.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar