Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bbpress on multisite help

• joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

I’m trying to setup my buddypress and bbpress, I would like bbpress to run on my subdomain but I just can’t forgot out what I’m doing wrong. When a logged in user tries to access the forums they are required to register again. My buddypress users aren’t syncing. Please help I have no clue what to go and everything I’ve read online seems too vague for me to understand and apply. Thank you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Subsite ? So you will have different users there, right ?
    A user created in one site is not created automatically in the other site… or I miss something here ?

Pascal.

joym
    Participant

@joymoleta

With WP you have the option of using multisite to create other sites off of the same WP installation. I run buddypress on my main site and I would like to run my forum(bbpress) on my subsite. From what I thought I understood they should be site-wide so the need for registering for both buddypress and bbpress should not be occurring. But then again, I don’t know what I’m doing. Do you have a multisite setup?

Hi,
    I have a multisite but the subsites have nothing to see one with the other.
    To my knowledge every subsite is independent when talking users. Have a look at this (old) topic but that seems to explain it quite wel : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/share-user-across-multisite-network?replies=30
    Pascal.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar