Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress not installing WP menu or settings options

• Hi, I installed bbPress and activated the plugin, but nothing happens when I do. There are no new menu items on my WordPress dashboard, there are no bbPress options in the “settings” area. However, if I go to mysite.com/forums, I can see that a page was created.

I have no way to customize the plugin because there is no access to any settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

Thanks, my site is live, but I took a chance since I didn’t understand what you meant about troubleshooting.

I deactivated the All-In-One SEO plugin and then bbPress. Then I reactivated bbPress and it worked. I hope that reactivating AIOSEO will not cause any issues.

Thanks for your help!

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

in the menu (after installing bbpress) Nothing will appear – you must create and customize the menu yourself.
    Or use bbpress shortcodes for home page.

alexeivp
    Participant

@alexeivp

Hi,

I am spanish, and my english is not very well, I have problems with bbpress, i deactivated all plugins and i changed the theme, but I don’t see the menu in wordpress to manage bbpress (create forum and etc). Could you help me please?

Thanks a lot. Regards

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar