Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress Moderator Partial Admin Access through MemberPress Role Editor?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress has roles of keymaster, moderator, participant, spectator and blocked – see

bbPress User Roles and Capabilities

The rest of the above is either roles that you have created or come with memberpress, or roles that don’t exist but that you want – it’s not quite clear which 🙂 – please come back with further info.

so is a ‘secondary keymaster’ a concept you want, or something that you have created or exists in memberpress???

If you want to create a new memberpress role then the capabilities in the link above might help.

veteranhdesigns
    Participant

@veteranhdesigns

Thanks for the response I have read through the Codex. I knew i wasn’t being very clear lol.

I created a Board Admin Role in Memberpress and assigned the roles needed for wordpress permissions i wanted the role to have.

The problem is, I can clone Keymaster, which is a bbPress Role, but it doesn’t show up in Forum Roles dropdown, I can give forum permissions, but by giving edit user she can edit site admin, if i restrict edit user, she can’t manage users.

I am looking for a way to restrict access to upper-level site admin, while having certain admin, yet needs Full admin rights in Forum, but not the ability to accidentally delete or change higher admin roles and create or manage lower level bbPress forum roles.

Basically, I Need a MODERATOR Role with adjusted Admin Privileges and forum roles that can still perform role functions based on their level rather than just on or off, weighted capabilities with if statements that disables edit links or delete links unless the weighted role is below the administrator that is performing the tasks.

This needs to be something that each role has the same ability to adjust for each role, like you would have in tech support with tech support roles but 3 tiers of tech support levels vs customer service vs billing department. Customer Service and billing have access to user profile to view, however billing can only see user address and phone number and payment information, customer service can only see name, phone, email, previous tickets, plan type and tier 3 tech support can see everything that customer service can see plus ipaddress, database, files where tier 2 can see tier 3 level plus has the ability to backup or reboot, where tier 1 can see and do everything… except travel agency type stuff with boards.

veteranhdesigns
    Participant

@veteranhdesigns

DISREGARD THIS TOPIC. THROUGH COMBINED EFFORT OF MOST OF THE BBPRESS PLUGINS, RECONFIGURING ROLES AND CLONING BBPRESS ROLES, SETTING USERS TO PARTICIPANT ROLES FOR FORUM AND THEN ASSIGNING EXTRA ROLES FOR EACH GROUP.

A WORKAROUND AT LEAST, NOT VERY EFFICIENT BUT I CAN MAKE IT WORK THROUGH USE OF MEMBERPRESS MEMBERS PLUGIN, BBP STYLE PACK, CHILD THEME WIZARD, ELEMENTOR AND A FEW OTHER PLUGINS RECONFIGURED.

Robin W

@robin-w

great, glad you are fixed 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar