Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Mobile Tweak needed

• MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I am building a new site that I want to be totally responsive and it is but for bbPress. In the picture you can see that when bbPress is resized the content of a post goes down to half & half…meaning half of the posts content area goes to member avatar/user name/User Role & half goes to content area.

What I would like to do is move the member avatar/user name/User Role to the top part of the post and have the Member Name and Role to the “right” of the avatar with a line below and then leave the full with of the content area for the post content. This would help a great deal in making bbPress more responsive. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

pic of bbpress down sized

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bbPress 2.4 is not far away, download the release candidate from here:

bbPress 2.4 – Release Candidate 1

There was a lot of cool work done to make bbPress responsive as detailed
    in Ticket #1933.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Cool lets hope it works out. I am afraid to update as it says “Trunk version may break your site” in RED. In the Plugin area.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Ok thanks for the 2.4 update, I installed it but it does not fix this issue. Maybe this is something I could just edit myself if I had the code and knew the place to add it. Also it would be cool to add an option in bbPress to have the User info to the “left” or “across the top”.

With it to the left there is a lot of wasted page real-estate and it is not responsive friendly.

Forums have always had the user info to the left but I think it’s time to change this or at least have the choice.

Thank you for your time.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Is there a way to edit the code to make this happen?

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

@media (max-width:767px){
      .bbp-reply-author { float: none; }
      .bbp-reply-content { margin-left: 0; padding: 12px; }
    }

Something like that.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Where do you put the code?

Tecca
    Participant

@tecca

In your CSS file.

Xevo
    Participant

@xevo

This was just a rough draw, but like Tecca said, you should put it in style.css or the proper bbpress replacement stylesheet.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar