Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPRESS Maybe great software but my experience is

• it is very difficult to use and to get support if you are not computer literate. There is no support apart from some dedicated volunteers. People would be advised to use another Forum option unless you are very technically inclined or have someone on retainer that knows how to use the software.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Youre right! ;-)

I suppose this is a matter of opinion, really. Granted it’s not the most user-friendly software out there and it can be much more complex to customize, but it is also a project that is in development and such things do take time to perfect.

However for what it is – a no-frills, basic forum software – it is actually exactly that right from the start. :)

Yah I definitely agree! You have to be pretty computer literate to use bbPress… and there isn’t great support, other than us volunteers.

But it’s like that quote from Churchill: “Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”

bbPress is the worst message board software ever – except for all the others I have ever tried. :-)

Agreed with statements here, bbPress wasn’t created(being developed) to compete with the likes of vBulletin, SMF, etc. This is forum software that is light weight, no lacey undergarments, ready to roll and fast. If you want silly add-ons, a ton of user generated themes, and/or costly support looking elsewhere may be your best bet.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

From my point of view, bbPress is easier to use than other (more popular) forum software.

For example, in phpBB, plugin installation is measured in minutes. In bbPress, plugins get dropped into a folder and that’s it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar