Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress login not working right

• rbg1163
    Participant

@rbg1163

After switching site hosting from DReamhost shared servers to Dreampress my bbpress login is not working properly. You can fill out the username and password and after entering it just resets as if you never did anything. No errors.
    my site is tyndale.edu
    Under Current Students is Student Lounge and that is the main place we need this to work. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Richard

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

do you still have a problem, it looked ok to me

rbg1163
    Participant

@rbg1163

It actually seemed to resolve itself! Dreamhost had one tech that was going to restore from a backup while another said he’d look in to blocking that url from Varnish but after it started working they swear they did nothing! Pretty hard to believe when our website all of the sudden had a big potted plant as the webpage main pic and everything else was scattered and once it corrected back to the original look the lounge login worked! The only thing that’s not totally correct is if you go to the main menu and select Current Students, you can login there and then access the Student Lounge which is a subdirectory of it, but it used to be Current Students didn’t have the login, but Student Lounge did and it gave access to the forums. So.. The Current Students login works, the Student Lounge login doesn’t, but is accessible if you go up to Current Students and login. Any ideas?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

My guess is the cookie hashes probably changed.

Make sure that all of your cookie settings in wp-config.php actually match what you want/need for them to be. If you need to share cookies across many subdomains, you’ll need a . at the beginning of them.

// Domain & Hash
    define( 'COOKIE_DOMAIN', '.domain.com'        );
    define( 'COOKIEHASH',    md5( COOKIE_DOMAIN ) );

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar