Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress log in process problem

• sbask
    Participant

@sbask

Newly created user accounts are automatically showing as logged in – the person used to need to actually log in before earning this “session” accreditation. Now, as soon as a script-bot has created the account, is allows you to log it off (this was a change from earlier behaviour)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I think this is a change between 2.5 and 2.6.

what issue is this causing you ?

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

it does allow them to script-update their profiles, which can include spam/p*rn etc

Robin W

@robin-w

you could just untick the ‘automatically give’ in the forums settings and then add it yourself on login eg untested

add_action('wp_login', 'rew_assign_role_on_login', 10, 2);

rew_assign_role_on_login ($user_login, $user) {
    $user_id = $user->ID ;
    $role = bbp_get_user_role( $user_id );
    	if ( empty( $role ) ) {
    		bbp_set_user_role( $user_id, bbp_get_participant_role() );
    	}
    }

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

That box is already unticked.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok

sbask
    Participant

@sbask

“We are happy with them having no FORUM role (only a site role) when the account is created. The problem of the being able to log them out when the account is created is not related – please note they are separate, and only one is a problem. We do not want to assign, by BBPress settings or code, any account a forum role. We only want them to earn a forum role when they log in to the site, as they do. This was specific custom code added after an earlier change, and took the devs to get it done.”

Robin W

@robin-w

I am not one of the devs, so unless you can say what they changed, it is hard to help

Robin W

@robin-w

just tried a registration, process is as I remember it

so page with [bbp-register]

enter username and email, says check email, then I have to click the link in the email to go to the page to enter a password, then I have to login to complete.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar