Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress like button

• Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

Is there anything available that adds a simple “like” to bbPress, without a lot of additional functionality?

I found a lot of older posts about this, and a number of plugins. But with the exception of “likeBTN” all of the plugins appear not to have been maintained for a long time.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbp-valoration

still works as far as I know

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

“This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress”

(And it was last updated four years ago)

This seems to be the story with a bunch of “like button” plugins. I wonder why?

Robin W

@robin-w

people write plugins for free, and generally because they needed the functionality for their own site.

They publish to help others, but they have no duty to support or maintain them. This is just free software.

That they have not updated doesn’t mean it won’t work, for instance I have 6 plugins and every time wordpress publishes a new version I have to update the text in all 6 to make sure they say they are up to date, even though I have not altered any other code.

When I last looked at this one it worked fine, but I cannot guarantee this.

unclemiru
    Participant

@unclemiru

@robin-w You are an angel. I’m always appreciate for your plugins.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar