Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Installation and WordPress Login Problem

• I am trying to integrate bbPress into my WP-operated website. My WordPress is 2.6. I installed bbPress “Brubeck” (version 0.9.0.3) in a subdirectory titled “forum”. I chose the integration option. I created a separate database for bbPress with separate users. Everything went well but at the end I got this message:

“>>> WordPress cookie secret key not set.

>>>>>> Your “bb-config.php” file was not writable.

>>>>>> You will need to manually define the “BB_SECRET_KEY” in your “bb-config.php” file.”

I was able to login at first but later I opened the “bb-config.php” file and entered a secret code there. Then I tried to login again but I got this message:

“Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://thepublicsphere.com/forum/bb-login.php”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.”

I tried to login to my WordPress admin but none of my user names and passwords worked. I tried to reset the passwords but the emails I receive do not contain any new password, neither the link they provide leads to any reset page.

What should I do?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

WordPress 2.6 does not integrate with 0.9.0.3.

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/wordpress-and-bbpress-integration-101

Do NOT try to integrate WordPress 2.6 with bbPress 0.9 – only use WP 2.5.1 – the reason for this is simple – WordPress has radically changed the way cookies are used.

I wish it was mentioned in one of the steps of installation process. What can I do now to fix my WordPress?

None of the authors and administrators can login to their account. The admin area is completely inaccessible.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

I created a separate database for bbPress with separate users.

You somehow changed your wordpress settings to look at the users in the new, blank, bbpress install. Therefore noone can login. The wrong cookies aren’t helping.

You need to delete bbpress and change your wordpress wp-config.php to point back to the user table in the old wordpress database.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar