Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBpress: inserting youtube or blogspot link in topic prompts download in browser

• jveld
    Participant

@jveld

Dear all,

Since a couple of months I am using a BBpress forum (and BBpress Attachments) on my WordPress (5.5.3) page (TopMag 2.0.2 theme) related to http://www.amrwr.nl

I’ve got a very strange thing going on: everytime I (or a different user) start(s) a new thread and insert a Youtube or blogspot link, a download is prompted (a pop-up with ‘open’ or ‘save as’ appears) and the message itself is not posted.

When I then open the downloaded file, the following code is displayed:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN”>
    <html><head>
    <title>503 Service Unavailable</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Service Unavailable</h1>
    <p>The server is temporarily unable to service your
    request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
    problems. Please try again later.</p>
    </body></html>

This currently happens in the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox, IE, Edge, Chrome, DuckDuckGo. Untill very recently, IE and Firefox did not have this problem…

I have done all the troubleshooting I could (given the knowledge I have) and are now quite lost as to how to solve this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Jascha

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This is likely related to some kind of server configuration issue.

Does this happen with a regular WordPress Post or Page?

jveld
    Participant

@jveld

Yes, just like this very bbpress forum and post option, if that is what you mean. It works fine swith other links, for example Ebay and various websites, but the strange behaviour starts as soon as a Youtube link or blogspot link is copied into the text field. It won’t post the message, just prompts a download of literally ‘a file’.

Attaching images, copying in all sorts of other links works just fine. Except from Youtube or websites related to blogs/vlogs.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar