Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress import smf or mybb not working…

• koogle
    Participant

@koogle

So latest wordpress and bbpress forum..

nothing worked when I tried to import SMF database..

So I then created a mybb forum and used there importer, which after charset issues, imported the SMF forum stuff fine..

so now back to bbpress, to import from mybb, and still nothing.. it starts and does nothing else just like before with it trying to import from the smf db..

all the options are correct ie db name/pass/port etc… I don’t get it, it says nothing as to why its not processing anything, just stuck at first step doing nothing.

Is this importer even working?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

I’m having the exact same issue with the newest bbpress and wordpress, trying to import from simple:press.

I have used this tool some other time, on older versions, and then in started at least.
    Did you ever find out why it doesn’t start, or did you give up like I’m about to do?

Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

Following up on this..

I changed my server from running php 8.0 to runnning php 7.4.
    Now it has at least started to import using the importer.. 🙂
    But I have a BIG forum with MANY users to import, so we’ll see if it gets done tomorrow morning.

But there you go, seems like it’s a php 8.0 issue somewhere.

Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

If anyone else experience problems with the bbpress importer tool in the future – I can confirm that the import tool worked very well as soon as I changed the server php version from 8.0 and down to 7.4.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar