Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPRess friends plugin

• Has anyone found/experimented with creating a plugin that would allow users to add friends like facebook or areforum.org/forums/?

This would be a great addition.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you explain exactly what you’re looking for here? I don’t see any friends function on areforum.org/forums/ (but I didn’t look too hard) but I am familiar with Facebook. What would you like to see in bbPress?

vBulletin allows you to have a simple “Buddy List” which links to a user’s profile. I think this would be a nice simple plug-in.

Simple machine forums also has the option to add members as friends.

buddypress.org

Kevin Ryman
    Participant

@kevinryman

I’m actually looking for something like this. I mean I don’t want to use BuddyPress just because you can add friends. I rather have a bbPress plugin for that purpose. :)

Maybe if you can elaborate on what is the function of adding friends.

I would like a plugin that can add friends so I can….(enter reason here) message them through chat, have a privacy settings on my profile, etc etc. Facebook has it so you can have a privacy setting on your profile. Then it’s more like controling you privacy settings and that will inturn bring add friends button.

Right now all I see is you want a button that says add friends, like a placebo does nothing.

college beauty

@college-beauty

I don’t think it’s as weird or confusing as you guys are making it sound. Lots of community sites have an option to add friends, and a forum is a community. Who really knows what it’s actually for. Basically I think just to display who you’re friends on the forum are, or to get in contact with them quickly. It can help build relationships by adding people that share common interests, etc.

Once a board gets big, it can be pretty hard to find one of their posts just to click on their username to get to your friends profile!

I think this is a really cool plugin idea! :) Is there anything out there that can do this?

This additional would be really nice for my sites. I want to be able to show friends as well. I know you can have friends on buddy press but it doesn’t show them very well.

GraemeScott
    Participant

@graemescott

Hi everyone,

I just created a new plugin for bbPress called Friends For bbPress. This plugin allows users to add friends on their bbPress forums. It’s simple to use and is a great feature for any bbPress forum. You can download the plugin using the link below.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/friends-for-bbpress/

This is the first plugin I have ever created so let me know what you guys think. If you have any ideas for additional features I would be more than happy to implement them.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar