Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress – forum option not showing up in my dashboard menu?

• samibz
    Participant

@samibz

I installed bbpress and it is activated – when I go into users there is a forum users option for every other wordpress user other than me the administrator.I did not get a welcome page. I have no option to edit my role under my users – I can do this for all the other users on my site.

I use X-theme which is supposed to support this plugin. I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that I am not listed at the keymaster, but there seems to be no way to do this.

I am not good at coding or knowing where to put code, so if it involves any please be very specific – where it needs to go, what to type in etc…

Thanking everyone in advance

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

if three is another keymaster then they can make you a keymaster.

If there are no keymasters, then install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>bug fixes

and you will see the option to make yourself keymaster.

After you have done this, you can deactivate and delete the style pack plugin, but you might want to check out it’s features.

samibz
    Participant

@samibz

Thanks I am now a keymaster and I thought that would make the Forum button magically appear in the dashboard menu but it hasn’t.

I deactivated the bbpress plugin, have cleared my cache and nothing seems to work to allow me to actually create a forum.

Thank you for your help though, I at least have the role of keymaster next to my name in the users panel.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, yes that should give you the forum button on the dashboard.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

samibz
    Participant

@samibz

Thanks for that plugin – It is the all-in-one SEO plugin I have installed. I need to look into what it is blocking??

Have you ever come across anyone else with this issue with that plug in? If not thank you for all your help and I will try and see what the conflict is between them.

Samantha

Robin W

@robin-w

yes, let me come back shortly

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I was looking for the topic – I knew this one had cropped up before

It is a known bug, the answer is

Deactivate and reactivate All in One SEO and the bbPress menu links will appear.

samibz
    Participant

@samibz

Yes that worked thank you so much for all your help!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Robin W

@robin-w

do you have the basic (free) version of all in one SEO or a paid version ?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar