Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress forum blank page

• franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Hello,
    I have updated bbPress plugin to the latest version and i noticed that my forum is not working correctly now, when i go in the main page of the forum it loads just one topic and the page is without CSS, just a blank page with the title of the topic and some infos like the date and the creator.
    Then i tried to download some old versions of bbPress to install but i dont remember which version was installed before.
    So i tried bbPress 2.5.4 (its the one that i think it was installed before) and with this one i cant reach any page of the forum, infact when i go in the forum section of wordpress dashboard it load just a blank page.
    I tried already some versions of bbPress from 2.5.1 to 2.5.9 then 2.6.0 and the latest but nothing changes.
    The only difference is that with 2.6.0 or next loads correctly the forum section in the dashboard and with 2.5.9 or prev doesnt.

What went wrong just updating and reverting the update?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save, that will, reset the permalinks

then come back

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Hello Robin,
    Thank you for your reply, i tried as you said with bbpress 2.5.4 but nothing changes, i tried also to reinstall the latest version of bbpress and update the permalinks but nothing changes too.

Robin W

@robin-w

do you mean 2.5.14?

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

The latest is 2.6.5:

bbPress

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

As i said i already tried the latest 2.6.5, and i tried also the old ones like 2.6.0, 2.5.4, 2.5.1, 2.5.9… and the issues that im encountering are written above.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I suggest you use the latest version as a starting point. Next, actually provide a link to your forum root page.

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Hello,
    Here is the root page where is possible to try:

https://www.eyecadvr.com/home-community/

this page is under elementor and with shortcodes it should display 5 forum roots but instead it displays just 1. As you can see at the right side is empty but before there was “Latest Posts” and “Thread Tag Cloud”.
    By clicking on that first forum root folder, it will redirect to another page that is completely without CSS and without other functions; But once inside, clicking on the sub folder it will redirect in the right page where everything becomes perfect and correct as it should be in every page.

Hope that these informations can help you in order to help us.
    Thanks.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Thanks for sharing that. I think you must deal with one issue at a time.

You state it should have 5 root forums and only displays 1. Have you double-checked the configuration for these 5 root forums?

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Thank you for your support,
    Sorry my bad, we have 4 main forum pages that should be displayed in the main page here “https://www.eyecadvr.com/home-community/”.
    The issue actually is only in the first page of 4, because as you can see here:
    1) eyecadvr.com/home-community/eyecad-vr-help-official-docs-about-every-software-release/
    2) eyecadvr.com/home-community/general-discussion-eyecad-vr-general-topics-help-requests-cg-tips-and-tricks-everything-you-could-have-in-mind/
    3) eyecadvr.com/home-community/news-and-bug-fix-development-log-files-useful-previews-about-stable-and-beta-releases-bug-reports/
    4) eyecadvr.com/home-community/user-gallery-work-in-progress-and-final/

only the first one is missing the css and the other functions, but the other pages are working properly.

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

*Sorry, something went wrong while pasting the link its just: https://www.eyecadvr.com/home-community/

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

I have not really sure how to solve your issue. Have you tried with a default WordPress theme?

franpeppe
    Participant

@franpeppe

Not yet because its not safe to turn back to the default WP Theme.
    Thank you anyway for your support.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar