Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress Error: Closed Topic

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Are you using any plugins?

What version bbPress did you install? Is it integrated with your WordPress 2.7 installation (user logins I mean)?

Login as a keymaster as well and check if there is anything in the akismet queue. It will show topics closed if you are logged in as a user that akismet picked up as spam sometimes.

Buca

@sharfeddin

I’m using bbPress 0.9.0.2. Yes it is integrated with my WordPress 2.7 blog. No active plugins at the moment.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Did you try what Trent suggested?

Also, WordPress 2.7 does not integrate with bbPress 0.9.*

Buca

@sharfeddin

Akismet isn’t activated on my forum. Do I have any options?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Looks like creating a new topic results in the error message, but replying to an existing topic works fine. I tried to create a new topic and got the error, but I was able to reply to the existing topic.

I also registered at the forum, not the blog, even though there was no register link there.

Have you tried this with the default theme? Maybe something with the theme integration is causing the problem.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Do you have access to the database where you can check to see the status of the topic, if it’s open or closed? Or maybe it’s not even looking at the proper table?

Buca

@sharfeddin

I was able to successfully able to add a new topic with the default theme. I do have access to the database, though I’m not sure what to look for or where to begin.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I wonder if it’s because of the integration between themes or with WordPress functions conflicting with bbPress functions? These versions are not *supposed* to work when integrated; maybe this is one of the problems.

If you have access to the database, look at the bb_topics table for a field called topic_open which should be 1 for open or 0 for closed. I’m curious what the value is for the first topic.

Buca

@sharfeddin

I checked my database and topic_open is open.

Buca

@sharfeddin

I cut out a lot of code from the original template to get things looking the way I wanted. Any ideas as to what I removed that is causing this, or at least which file I should restore?

Compare the functions from the default theme and the theme you are trying to integrate. It is hard to say what you changed that caused you issues. It is pretty much guessing without knowing what you changed.

Buca

@sharfeddin

It turns out that the problem was caused by removing the “pick a section” bit of the post-form.php file. Thanks for the help guys.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar