Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress error

• seattlesurpher

@seattlesurpher

Hi,

I’m a first time user of bbPress and I downloaded the plug-in and installed through the WordPress platform. Anyway – when I try to activate the plug-in I get this error:

The plugin does not have a valid header.

And it doesn’t show up in my plug-in list on my Dashboard. Can you help me understand if I’m doing something wrong or need some other plug-in’s to accompany the bbPress to use it properly and have it install correctly? By the way – the plug-in does show that it’s installed on the server in the WP-Content folder under plug-in’s but it still doesn’t show up on the Dashboard under the list of plug-in’s for whatever reason.

Thanks,

-Josh

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

how did you try to activate if it doesn’t appear in your list of plugins?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

how did you try to activate if it doesn’t appear in your list of plugins?

seattlesurpher

@seattlesurpher

After the installation screen to upload the plugin, there’s a screen that gives you a report of the installation and there’s a link below the report that says activate plug-in. When I click that I get that error message. Maybe it’s not compatible with the Theme Atahualpa 3.4.9? It’s really confusing.

seattlesurpher

@seattlesurpher

After the installation screen to upload the plugin, there’s a screen that gives you a report of the installation and there’s a link below the report that says activate plug-in. When I click that I get that error message. Maybe it’s not compatible with the Theme Atahualpa 3.4.9? It’s really confusing.

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

open up plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php do you see:

/**
    * Plugin Name: bbPress
    * Plugin URI: http://bbpress.org
    * Description: bbPress is forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress.
    * Author: The bbPress Community
    * Author URI: http://bbpress.org
    * Version: plugin-bleeding
    */

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

open up plugins/bbpress/bbpress.php do you see:

/**
    * Plugin Name: bbPress
    * Plugin URI: http://bbpress.org
    * Description: bbPress is forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress.
    * Author: The bbPress Community
    * Author URI: http://bbpress.org
    * Version: plugin-bleeding
    */

christinarule

@christinarule

I have the same error…. I dont have bbpress.php

christinarule

@christinarule

I have the same error…. I dont have bbpress.php

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

where did you download the plugin from?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

where did you download the plugin from?

I have the same error…. and also I dont have bbpress.php file. I downloaded it from this page today, about 1 hour ago

I have the same error…. and also I dont have bbpress.php file. I downloaded it from this page today, about 1 hour ago

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Sounds to me like you both downloaded the stand-alone version of bbPress and put it in your plugins directory.

bbPress currently is not a plugin, bit there is a version in development that is. The version of bbPress that you get by clicking “Download” in the upper right hand corner of this site is not a plugin for WordPress.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Sounds to me like you both downloaded the stand-alone version of bbPress and put it in your plugins directory.

bbPress currently is not a plugin, bit there is a version in development that is. The version of bbPress that you get by clicking “Download” in the upper right hand corner of this site is not a plugin for WordPress.

seattlesurpher

@seattlesurpher

John,

Your assessment sounds spot on. There is no bbPress.php file in that Stand-alone version I downloaded off the main page.

What is the link to the forum plugin that may be used for WordPress? Is there one available?

Thanks much,

Josh

seattlesurpher

@seattlesurpher

John,

Your assessment sounds spot on. There is no bbPress.php file in that Stand-alone version I downloaded off the main page.

What is the link to the forum plugin that may be used for WordPress? Is there one available?

Thanks much,

Josh

I uploaded the branches_plugin-2709 and received the same error message when I attempted to activate the plugin. What am I doing wrong??

I uploaded the branches_plugin-2709 and received the same error message when I attempted to activate the plugin. What am I doing wrong??

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar