Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress editor

• orionghf
    Participant

@orionghf

Hello
    I have a problem with the editor in bbpress .. the content is displayed with the html code ..
    I am using Ultimate TinyMCE editor with the option of wpautop set off and I put this code in the functions.php of the theme to enable mce editor :

function bbp_enable_visual_editor( $args = array() ) {
    $args['tinymce'] = true;
    return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bbp_after_get_the_content_parse_args', 'bbp_enable_visual_editor' );

What could be the problem, I tried using Tiny MCE Advanced but the same problem occurred
    is this a theme problem?

Im using :
    Wordpress version 3.8.3
    bbpress version 2.5.3
    Ultimate TinyMCE version 5.3

Thanks

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • I’m not sure of the exact issue you are having a problem with!

The snippet of code you have looks correct via https://codex.bbpress.org/enable-visual-editor/

I have done a fair bit of testing of WordPress v3.9/v3.9.1 and bbPress v2.5.3 compatability with the above snippet to ensure things are not broken with the new TinyMCE v4.0.x in WordPress v3.9.

I have also used this plugin to test the above also https://wordpress.org/plugins/tinymce-advanced/

orionghf
    Participant

@orionghf

Hi
    yes this is what Im using .. but Im still using WordPress 3.8.3
    The MCE editor is displaying perfectly and I can use all its features .. but when I save the content from the front end, the content is displayed with the html codes ..
    Could it be a theme problem?

I would suggest you upgrade to WordPress 3.9.1.

Ultimate TinyMCE is NOT compatible with WordPress 3.9.x and is being replaced by WPEdit (it is worth reading the info via that link and the alternatives it offers)

I would suggest switching to Twenty Thirteen or Twenty Fourteen themes and disable all your plugins except bbPress to narrow things down.

Once you see bbPress working with the code in your original post to enable bbPress Visual Editor then go from there… Enable your theme, does it still work? Next try one of the TinyMCE plugins with the default options, does it still work? Now update any settings in that plugin, does it still work? Now enable your other plugins one by one, does it still work?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar