Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BBPress each forum in a separate section. How to make?

• anyolya
    Participant

@anyolya

Good day!

I want to switch the bbpress forum to a different view when each forum is in a separate section.
    There is a bbp style pack plugin. There is a Forum Templates tab, in which there is just such an option. But when you select the necessary type of forum, clicking “save”, nothing changes. Where could the problem be?

Thank you in advance!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what version of bbpress are you using?

anyolya
    Participant

@anyolya

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, have a look at

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Not Working?

and see if your theme or another plugin is affecting

anyolya
    Participant

@anyolya

Yes, there I select => forum Templates => Alternate Forum template and does not change anything.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes but what does the tab

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Not Working?

say ?

anyolya
    Participant

@anyolya

Works. Maybe I don’t understand what are you talking about?

Robin W

@robin-w

there is a tab in the settings called ‘Not working? go into that and see if anything is red in there

anyolya
    Participant

@anyolya

Found this tab!
    There is nothing red. I can copy the text if you want.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I can’t guarantee that the alternate template will work in all circumstances, if you want to try further

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

shorty187
    Participant

@shorty187

Hi,

I have the same issue. I installed bbp style pack plugin on BBpress 2.5.14. Forums were already set up. The only thing I really need is to change Forum Template to “Alternate Forum template 1”. It’s a must have for my client.

I click to select and save changes but nothing changes on the frontend, exactly the same. I use the free Customify theme but also tried the default themes with same result. I deleted cookies and cache but no joy. Deactivating all other plugins gives no joy either.

I also wanted so select option 3 in Forum Display to move the breadcrumb and that does work ok.

Please help !

Robin W

@robin-w

@shorty187 @anyolya contact me via http://www.rewweb.co.uk but include a link to this post please

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar