Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress does not display Forum on Dashboard

• dlpalumbo
    Participant

@dlpalumbo

Hi. Newbie here. Working with a bunch of retirees. We have a website (larcAlumni.org) that uses WordPress (5.7.2). I thought using a forum would simply our communication and keep records as well.

We had bbPress plugin, but it was deactivated. When I activated it, I did not get intro screen nor did I get Forum menu item. I do get Topics and Replies menu items. I deactivated all other plugins, reactivated and reinstalled, no change. I ran Troubleshoot and got a critical error.

DIVI is installed with a basic, blank theme.

Any suggestions what I might try next?

Thanks for help, Dan

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so you mean that in the dashboard you can see topics and replies, but not forums – yes ?

dlpalumbo
    Participant

@dlpalumbo

Correct.

Understand, I didn’t know what to expect except for ‘Forum’. Noticing the menu jump whenever I activated/deactivated made me notice additions of Topics and Replies.

Dan

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, can you look and see if you are a Keymaster?

dashboard>users and check yourself in the list. If not is anyone a keymaster?

dlpalumbo
    Participant

@dlpalumbo

Yes we have a keymaster.

I should add I am not a keymaster.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, only keymasters are able to see dashboard>forums, and only keymasters can appoint other keymasters, so get them to set you as one, and you should be able to see the forums

dlpalumbo
    Participant

@dlpalumbo

Thank you. They set me as Admin-Mod, but I can’t change my role. I asked senior guy to see if he can’t set me up as keymaster.

Thanks again for your help,

Dan

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar