Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress development stalled?

• Asynaptic
    Participant

@synaptic

Would appreciate feedback since it seems development has stalled. bbPress 2.6 is 5 weeks overdue according to trac:
    https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/milestone/2.6

There are only 40 tickets outstanding which is inline with previous releases so I don’t think the number of outstanding tickets is the cause (being so large in number that it would cause the delay).

And it has been more than 3 months since the last major release (2.5). The previous one before that (2.4) was released in a 3 month interval.

bbPRess 2.6 ??????????????????
    bbPRess 2.5 November 25th 2013 (3 months)
    bbPress 2.4 September 2nd 2013 (5 months)
    bbPress 2.3 April 14th 2013 (5 months)

I’m not really quibbling over 3 months or 5 months or 5 weeks overdue, more than any of these it is the lack of activity and movement in clearing out tickets on trac that moves me to post this.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • the development is based on community, if you want it to progress faster – just be involved into it. It’s how open source work.

Asynaptic
    Participant

@synaptic

Alexandru, with respect, what you’ve commented is a straw-man at best and a non-sequitur at worst.

I am involved in the project within my own limitations and do contribute whenever I can with what skills I have.

It is silly to claim that for the project to work faster we need more people to “just be involved” as this neither addresses my point, nor does it reflect reality. The bbPress development team has a formal structure with several people working on the project.

My question was to point out that while they have been active in the past, things seem to have stalled.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar