Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbpress Database

• I am currently looking into adding another option to the forum visibility setting so I can have two different levels of hidden forums.

I believe I have the php set up correctly, but I hardly know any sql and I do not know where the forum visibility settings are stored or how to find them.

can anybody help?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

Without php knowledge this would be a huge undertaking. WordPress uses group permissions to set who can do what. (You have to create corresponding groups that have permissions to utilize the new forum type)

A good reference starting point would be to look at the new ‘support’ forums plugin. It’s listed in the forums here the past week.

That would be a good starting point. However like I said, if you are not great at php, this is gonna take a long time to figure out. It’s no small task.

michealborow1
    Participant

@michealborow1

Automatic gave the Word Press trademark and control over bbPress and Buddy Press to the Word Press Foundation.

In December 2004, Mullenweg announced bbPress which he wrote from scratch in a few days over the holidays. Mullenweg and the Word Press team.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar