Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

bbPress conflict with WooCommerce

• Ivalde
    Participant

@ivalde

The bbPress plugin is found to be in conflict with the WooCommerce plugin. When both bbPress and WooCommerce is activated, backend ends up in a complete blank page with no content, and the frontend GeoDirectory map does not load. When bbPress is then deactivated, backend is back to normal and the same also for the GeoDirectoty map which then loads.

Is the same conflict experienced in other installations?

Do you have an idea about what makes the problem?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

you may need to rule out other factors, as far as I know bbpress works with woocommerce eg

bbPress WooCommerce Integration: Tutorial on How to setup a Paid Forum on WordPress

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and woocommerce and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Ivalde
    Participant

@ivalde

The memory limit made the problem.

Within the .htaccess I did now include the following line:
    php_value memory_limit 256M

That fixed the problem.

For me now to have a talk to the server maintenance personnel for the memory_limit to be increased in general, what’s the recommended server memory setting? Is it 256M or even higher?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar